Saturday 26 March 2016

Straight From My Heart To You

Welcome to the family toolbox blog, (TFT blog, for short). I’m so thrilled, excited, pleased, enthusiastic (all at once) that I’ m finally putting a few lines to introduce/launch this much anticipated blog. Yes, I said anticipated because it’s been on my mind, in my head and I’ve been talking about it to everyone around me.

I’m excited to finally get started after putting it off since last century (just kidding). Again, Welcome to my blog. My name is Oluwakemi, a wife and mum to three kids, living in the bustling city of Lagos. I’m a Lagos mum and seriously often wonder how people cope with being married with kids and nurture a family in Lagos, Nigeria, a city that never sleeps, a hustling city where you must keep your eyes open 24-7. But no matter the challenges in the city, I love Lagos because it has its own good spirit.

There are several ‘owambe’ wedding ceremonies/parties every Saturday in Nigeria by which new families are created. I’m a strong believer that the society can be a better place with stronger family values that should be passed on to our offspring. One just has to start on the right foot and follow the right path.

I am inspired to start this blog by the world I found myself, the love for family, the love for parenting, love for good home management and the love for social media. Yes, I love the social media, though, it has its own cons but we can use it to our advantage.

I hope to create a relaxed platform where we can all interact with one another comfortably on all issues concerning the family unit that will better the family network of potential readers in Africa and beyond. I want to be part of that change starting with my family.

Family is love, its harmony, it’s everything and it’s what you come back to after a career or passion but you may have nothing to return to if you don’t nurture one.


Let's get blogging!

9 comments:

  1. You're welcome. Surely this will be a lovely forum for all family lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to your next post ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to like this forum. Pls let's see what you have...

    ReplyDelete
  4. can we see what you have for us

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts in the comment box.
Thanks.